November 12, 2007

I did it!!!

Ok well finally I did something yesterday that I have been saying I would do for a lonnngggg time..... I cut my hair!! Yippie!!! Or not yippie!!!


I had my friend make us appointments , As I knew I would NEVER do it. (toooo chicken!) So we go, the lady was working on her first and I am thinking ok I just want to run out of here...Then she comes to me, grabs my hair and seems to want to cry " I have been trying for years to get my hair this long" she is saying to me.. So I tell her how short to do it... She cuts it...Holds it in her hands then runs and wraps it up to give to me..(the saudi's are very strict about getting their hair back, as one may have the evil eye or black magic put on them).. I am sitting there holding this hair, looking at my friend and saying what the heck does she want me to do with this??? Did she mistake me for a saudi, with a perfect southern american drawl??


Only my husband knew I was going to get it done...So when the kids came home from school..4 of them "acted" like they liked it..And Abdulla, Mr Mutawa, says flat out he doesnt like it... Ouch.. So I know, just know hubby will like it, As I got it cut to where he said it was good...He walks in from work and looks at me with this huge FAKE smile and says "don't worry baby it will grow back, InshAllah" well hello can you translate that into direct english for me?? Or even direct arabic will work!!! Is that your way of kindly saying YOU HATE IT???


I did nothing with it other than cut the length... and no one likes it.. Can't say that I really do either but my gosh it is nice to just get a break from it for a while!!!


So yup, I did it!!

4 comments:

Miss Muslimah said...

As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

This reminds me,I NEED a haircut BADLy,Lol...
do you mind if I add you to my blogroll?

Ann Tamimi said...

I like it!!! Next time you will get a pedicure with me too :)

Ann Tamimi said...

ps do you mind explaing WHY I am the 2nd one on your blog roll??? Why am I not #1????

I'm so not going to eat w/ you anymore.. other than a salad. Still want the salad bar!

Kris said...

Ok remind me to thank my husband for complimenting my haircut... He used to tell me I wasn't allowed to cut it lol.