November 2, 2007

Kid in ME!!

The title will say it all..I am sure!

Alhamdulillah the last week or two here in Saudi, the weather has been beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. So it being the weekend we really didn't want to stay locked up in the house or inside somewhere.

*Light bulb comes on* in my head!!!

Let's go to the corniche (the sea front) and go to one of those amusement parks. Oh no, it is no Six Flags or Disney. The are more the size of the traveling fairs that you get in the states.. Maybe a little bigger and they don't travel. And NONE are anywhere within good standard range. But when this is what you have, why complain?? Just go and enjoy!!

I am so not going to lie here..It was simply my wanting to go there and play. Everyone else was just along for the ride! And in the process we would all have a great time. I only had my mind on one ride that I wanted to get on.. Then my "craving" would be cured.

It is within 20 minutes before prayer (everything shuts down at prayer), So I knew we would have to hurry to at least get two or three rides out of the way :)

The ride I want is closed....ufffffff!!!!

We walk and I find another ride, not one as scarey, but hopefully will get it out of my system.... Khalid was sick so he wasn't going on anything. I talk Mohammed and Abdulla into it. As Badir and Salman only had eyes to go on that huge slide thing...

We run up and get on our ride.. It is one big circle..you sit along the outside of the circle, it spins really fast, goes on its side alittle and gravity pulls you like crazy to the seat... The ride starts... Mohammed is on my right, almost immediately he has let his head lay back, so for the entire ride he is laughing telling me he can't move his neck. Abdulla is to my left laughing like crazy and making sure I am ok.. (he knows I have palpitations with my heart and he met a new boy who has had heart surgery. The boy told him if he ever went on a ride it could kill him) So he wants to make sure I will make it off the ride, alive.. But can't control his laughing.. After about 5 minutes I am wondering if the operator has forgotten about us...spinning and spinning and spinning... then he makes the ride jump...Oh yeah, I was threatening to kick his butt as soon as the ride stopped..Could be part of the reason for Abdulla's uncontrollable laugh.

In the far distance I can see my husband and other three kids laughing at us... Alhamdulillah I have a husband who encourages the kid in me.. May Allah reward him for his patience!!

Somewhere in all of this I am taken back by a couple sitting across from us... As the ride is spinning and gravity is kicking our butts. This lady's Abaya (over coat) is coming up. She has white jeans on so nothing is showing but she is making her husband keep pulling it down. I am amazed at him, MashAllah! Beat gravity for his wife..I am sure he is hurting today.. One thing that a big black abaya doesn't hide is a pregnancy.. You can see a pregnant woman from far away.. I would say that she was AT LEAST six months pregnant...ok so did the doctor forget to add in his patient teaching how you shouldn't ride a ride like this during pregnancy???

Anyway we had a great time...For the few short minutes that we had before they closed for prayer... Not to mention I felt like I wanted to throw up for the next two hours...

Alhamdulillah my craving was cured!

2 comments:

Miss Muslimah said...

As salamu alaikum sister,

That was funny,I enjoyed this post!

Anonymous said...

Thats one funny adventure, felt like i just got my dose that i been waiting 2 yrs for.
nice blog mashAllah sis. hope all is khair with u and family.
love always maryam bhr.